Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
1.Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council.
2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.
6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?
11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.
12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
- Nicodemus was confused from this teaching. After all, Nicodemus was a man of separation, a Pharisee, and thus he was extremely intelligent and analytic in his understanding. Therefore, Jesus teachings were hard for him to make sense of. Like a child knows, he knew that once you are born from your mother’s womb, you will not be born again. It has never been observed, the second coming out of ones mothers womb. No matter his efforts of deepening the analysis of Jesus words, he came to the same conclusion – a grown man is simply too big to get in there. And there were other problems too, apart from empirical measures of adult size relative to women vagina. To be born once more, you must first be killed or kill yourself. Now, who would be so stupid to kill himself first, just so he could be born again? To Nicodemus, such a procedure seemed terribly inefficient, almost a total waste of both time and effort. Further, what mother in her right mind would allow her dead child to be stuffed up her birth canal? That would be like making it a death canal. Pretty gross, thought Nicodemus, the learned and rational man. A true separatist he was, and he made clear distinction between possible and impossible. An early proponent of empirical science he was. However a Monarch Jesus was, sometimes he was just royally bullshitting you.
2. And what about the “water and spirit” thing? Nicodemus knew perfectly well that for a man to be born, his parents are required to shag some in order to get the work done. Sometimes a lot, depending on whatever it was that made the gooey stuff become a baby. But water and spirit…? Perhaps Jesus was just polite enough to avoid dirty words, so he said “water” meaning “semen” and “spirit” instead of “horny”? That could be it, Nicodemus thought. Everything has a natural explanation, Nicodemus thought. Jesus speaks in metaphors, Nicodemus thought.
3. Nicodemus had a habit of thinking a lot. He was less familiar with listening. When it came to understanding, Nicodemus was ambivalent. On the one hand, understanding was the most important aspect of knowledge. On the other hand, understanding was from interpretation of facts, and empirical facts were always superior to the interpretation of facts. Interpretation is just speculation, Nicodemus thought.
4. Flesh giving birth to flesh, that was the kind of teaching Nicodemus thought of as valuable and reliable. That statement could be observed and verified. Not that he officially would admit such a field study to be rather interesting, even exciting, but in his mind he could see it happen. Flesh + Flesh = Flesh was a valid equation, possible to falsify. But spirit + water = spirit seemed an odd one to say the least.
5. And then the teaching of leaves and winds, and implying that a learned man like Nicodemus had no idea of where the wind came from or where it was going. That was close to insulting the intelligence of the separatist Pharisee. Of course he knew that! It is very easy to set up a measuring device showing where the wind comes from and in which direction it blows. From east to west, for example. A why would that have anything to do with anything, especially with the notion of being “born again” from “the spirit”? For all the signs Jesus had accomplished, his theory was questionable. Perhaps Jesus was a damn good magician, Nicodemus thought. But he kept his analysis to himself.
6. How can this be? Nicodemus asked.
7. Jesus, being of patience and wisdom, did not take up the 4×4 lying on the ground beside them. He did not hit Nicodemus over the head with it. He did not scream to Nicodemus – You stupid fuck! Grow up Goddamit, and stop asking as if you were 6 months old and had to put everything in your mouth to understand it.
8. Jesus was the Teacher, not the Accuser, so instead he said – How disturbing it is to learn that the alleged teacher of Israel does not have in him the Spirit of Teaching. How sad his understanding is only of fleshy objects. How unfortunate the teacher of Israel is teaching hands-on, without having his head-on.
9. Jesus now experienced what every Jesus will experience when teaching a separatist. He started to doubt the ability of Nicodemus to hear the teaching at all. Jesus suspected his audience would forever reject any notion of a truth that goes beyond, below, around and inside the relative truth of fleshy objects in relation to each other. It did not seem to help communication if he related the spiritual aspect of truth to the earthy aspect, as to bridge the invisible to what the audience have had in their own mouths and thus had faith in. He began to suspect the separatists did not believe in anything at all, had faith in nothing.
10. Jesus thought- They think they know. That is why they detest belief and faith. Whatever testimony of Godlike breath, of Unity, of Oscillations and Fundamental Action, they will detest such testimony. They will die only when the taste of death is in their mouths. They do not want to be reborn in Spirit, because they detest Spirit. They only want what the flesh can offer. They want to be born in flesh and to die in flesh. All they want is as much as possible of earthy possessions in the lifetime they believe to be theirs.
11. Believing they are fleshy objects, they are attached to objects.
12. Jesus said – Hey Nick, let me put it this way: If you come, you must go and if you go, you will come back, and once you’re back, yet again you must go. Can you sense a pattern in this? Can you elevate your learned analysis a wee bit over the “You”-word? Can you, just as a thought experiment, make the assumption that “You” are not the point of this teaching? Can you for once in your miserable life accept that this is not about “You”, but of what actually happens, of what is True, regardless of what “You” believe yourself to know?
13. This Nicodemus was unable to do. Instead, he felt accused of being stupid and ignorant. He became more defensive than before. He began thinking of Jesus as an annoying Mr. Know-It-All. He started detesting Jesus. Nicodemus started an argument.
14. Nicodemus said – You talk about my coming and going while I myself has never experienced such a coming and going. How can I know you are not just speculating?
15. You cannot know, said Jesus, knowing where this would end, but still patient.
16. So of what value is a teaching of something I cannot know for sure? Of what use is it to just believe in some truth which can never be verified or confirmed by means of repeated experimental measurements?
17. Of no use at all, said Jesus.
18. Then I find it useless to keep listening to your so called “teaching”. You are actually wasting My time, and disrespecting My intelligence. Of no use your teaching is. That was the understanding of the separatist.
19. Being of no use, it might still be of great value, said Jesus. But you Nicodemus are obviously not concerned with value, but with utility.
20. You see…well, you don’t see, but eventually you will see, that inside what is of utility is its value, and without that value, utilities are ultimately useless.
21. So it is with the useful, busy body of Nicodemus, that without being born in Spirit, it is of no use to you know Who. Without Spirit, Nicodemus is only of use to Nicodemus. To Nicodemus of the Flesh, the flesh of Nicodemus is the most valuable and precious asset in the whole of existence. That is why Nicodemus of the Flesh fears death more than anything else.
22. Fear of death is why Nicodemus eats so many apples. Choke on apples Nicodemus of the Flesh will. Angry with the witness of being the apple tree Nicodemus of the Flesh will be.
23. Of being the apple eaten it is, and of eating the apple it is. A tree of Life it is. My testimony is of realizing the Tree of Life. My teaching is a present moment, and in this present moment is the Tree of Life.
24. Now ask yourself, you Nicodemus of the Epirical Flesh, why do you so stubbornly detest this testimony? Why do you detest the present moment while concerning yourself with your birth and your death? Why does immortality scare you so?
25. Nicodemus offered no reply to these questions. He was lost in thoughts about debunking and refuting his opponents statements. He was building arguments to prove Jesus wrong. It seemed pretty easy actually. Jesus was contradicting himself consistently, and he could not prove any of his speculations. Jesus was a crackpot for sure.
26. He said, not without a gleam of the satisfaction which comes from knowing you have cornered your opposition, – So tell me Mr. Jesus, how is it that someone so ignorant and greedy as you have me to be could ever elevate his delusional mind over the flesh you judge to be so inferior to this “spirit” of yours? Nicodemus sensed a rhetoric victory was about to be won. Now Jesus was bound to contradiction.
27. Jesus, knowing perfectly well the path Nicodemus mind was wandering, said nothing at all. There was nothing to say, because there was nobody listening. The ears of Nicodemus were nothing but hunters and gatherers, looking for something to prey on. Nicodemus did not hear the message at all, but made it food for arguments and further questioning. Intelligent he was, the separatist Pharisee. Way to intelligent for answers to be heard.
30. This is the verdict: Light is radiance, caused by the action of Singularity. The action of Singularity is contra action to light. I am Light and God is Singularity. That is why I name him “My Father”. This is hard enough for you to understand. That is why I avoid telling the whole truth about my Father. People oppose Light by inventing Darkness, because they miss the point of their origin, which of course is the origin of Everything. Their minds are so conditioned that they divide Gods Singular Unity into Light and Dark, into Life and Death, into Man and Nature, into Body and Spirit, and thus they divide themselves into Actor and Action. But of all divisions, the most powerful is that of Monism by Dualism. Out of that the Dark Force emerges, being the belief that there is a Dark Force. Missing the point of their origin, they act as if manipulating existence at the whims of a will they assume to be theirs. By that, the seemingly many people acts in seemingly many ways, oftentimes in opposite directions to each other. They find no common way of progress by doing so. Instead they fight, kill each other, rob and steal and lie to each other. All this from blind faith in being right while others are wrong. They accuse each other. They judge each other. This I name the work of the Devil. This I name Sin. It is a way of telling them to question Egoism. It is to ask for peace and understanding. It is to help them realize they are of One Action, not of multiple actors. This is why I say the Legions of The Devil are of the Many. So far, I teach to the deaf and blind. They hear me as teaching about a Bad Boy with a poker. They think the Devil is some dark superpower who wishes to gather souls to fuel his basement furnace. They are all Nicodemus of the Flesh, appearing as many. Legions of Nicodemus they are, doing the Devils work. So what is the Devils work? Is it wearing flashy clothes? Is it having a drink? Is it enjoying sex? Is it listening to Heavy Metal music? Is it making money? Is it swearing in church? None of that and all of that. It can just as well be to stand in a priests robe and preach about the enemies of our church. As if the Holy Church was the possession of a separate group of individuals. That is the Devils work, to divide the individuals as to have them believe in separation. There is no Devil doing any work. If we allow ourselves to imagine the existence of an actual entity being “The Devil”, s/he need not do any work at all, but to have people believe that Original Unity is dividable and possible to multiply. That installs in mind the separation of man from nature, of me from you and us from them. And so the enemy appears. Everyone who acts, based on this lie, hates the possibility of realizing there was no darkness, no enemies, because such insight would reveal him as an Idiot. All his truths will be detested by realization of the Unity we can name God. Realizing the Spirit of One Body, he looks straight into the Bulls Eye, and it becomes all too clear that his previous actions have all missed the mark. His deeds are thus exposed to be of “sin”. The Eye of the Bull is empty. But whoever lives by knowing there are only gradients of Light will never wander in the dark, for s/he knows there is no darkness more than there is the Devil. Knowing all to be the Enlightenment of Singularity is knowing all to be the Sun of God. Knowing this, the separate actor translates to the individual action. Being the individual action, there is the truth of eternal coming and going. The individual, undividable action is of ascending and descending, from and to its source. Jesus is how God appears, and this appearance is not of a separate teacher or Godlike individual. It is of all appearance, all teachers, all creatures, all stars and all atoms. The many bodies are all of the same body as it enlightens itself by coming and going. So tell me Nicodemus, who are you if not Jesus in the eyes of God? Who is it that is afraid of being Enlightenment? Is the second coming the coming of a second, or is it the coming of the First? Tell me Nicodemus, how many seconds can come before the final Hour?
60. By this, Nicodemus silenced. By that, silenced was the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. By that, silenced was the Devil. By the silencing of opposition, the Heavens of Hell and the Hells of Heaven broke up with a thunderous roar. Nicodemus could finally enter himself. Now he new nothing. Now he was everything. As everything and nothing, the Buddha comes and goes.
90. Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Jesus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Nicodemus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.” Nicodemus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
0. “How can someone be born when they are old?” Jesus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
00. “How can someone be born when they are old?” Jesus asked.
000. How can someone be born in and out of One?